Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

What if I want to get money out of the trust?

If you want or need to withdraw principal from the trust, the Trustee can make a distribution of principal to a child/grandchild or other beneficiary of the trust specifically designated in the trust document. That person would then make a tax-free gift of the principal back to you. This has to be structured in a way to avoid gift tax reporting, and you need to consult with an attorney or CPA to do this properly.